Roundup from Day 5 of Fair Use Week
Check out all of the great posts from Day 5 of Fair Use Week 2015! Don’t see yours? Contact us to get yours added!
- Music video on fair use by the Media Education Lab
- Fair Dealing Week Predictions by Bobby Glushko
- American University Washington College of Law Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property video of Feb 26 event, Presenting the Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use of Collections Containing Orphan Works
- Archive of ACRL webinar Does Fair Use Really Work?
- UT Austin’s (c)opyright and Fair Use
- Comic Book: The Origin of U.S. Fair Use by Kyle K. Courtney, Jackie Roche, and Sarah W. Searle at Harvard
Reddit AMA Transcript:
- Public Knowledge AMA with Nina Paley: It’s Fair Use Week! Cartoonist, animator, and activist Nina Paley here to talk about making art and fair use!
- TechDirt: Have You Been Debating What Color Some Random Dress Is All Day? Thank Fair Use
- Penn State: Recontextualizing History: Fair Use in Archives #WeAreFairUse
- University of Rhode Island Media Education Lab: Ripping DVDs and Streaming Media for Fair Use
- Harvard: Fair Use and News Reporting
- Harvard: Day 5 With Guest Expert Dr. Matthew Rimmer: Who Killed Fair Use? A Copyright Murder Mystery From Down Under
- University of Haifa (in Hebrew): Fair Use: The Power to Change
- University of Chicago: Online Guides to Best Practices in Fair Use
- University of Toronto (guest post by Ann Ludbrook, Ryerson University): Fair Dealing Week
- University of Toronto (guest post by Meera Nair, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology): Fair Dealing: Protector of the Public Domain
- Authors Alliance: Fair Use, Best Practices and Creative Communities
- Renee Hobbs: Ripping DVDs and Streaming Media for Fair Use
- Brandon Butler: Let Them Eat Ideas
- Lisa DiValentino: A staring contest between libraries and electronic resource providers
- ARL: Fair Use: 12 Myths and Realities